Thursday, March 25, 2010

Is it Christmas in March?


Last night we had our monthly bunco night with some of our neighbors. I am proud to say, I won a prize for having the most losses! The Baum's were hosting the party, so they had a prize for me.
They gave me back the neighborhood traveling Santa. On Christmas Eve, a 3 foot tall plastic Santa that lights up appeared on our front porch. It is signed by all the neighbors who have had it over the years with the instructions to pass it on to your neighbor after you sign it. It also says that whoever ends up with old Santa on Christmas Day has to store it for the next year.
Well Christmas morning we snuck up to the Baum's and got busted for leaving the Santa at their house. They have been boo hooing about it ever since. So......I got it back as a prize!

Raelynn McCormick was there last night and she is the one who started the whole traveling Santa several years ago. She was joking that we needed to jazz old Santa up a little and pass him around during the year. SO, guess who got Santa wearing a new fashionable eye patch last night? Yep, McCormicks now have a new porch decoration!

I was assigned to bring the dessert to Bunco. So I made a recipe that I got from my friend Lisa Labrum. It is soooo.... fattening but it is worth the calories!
Best Cake Yet! (Also known as Better Than Sex Cake, but my husband will torment the heck out of me if I call it that, so I came up with a new name.)
Bake a German chocolate cake according to the directions in a 13x9 pan. Cool for 15 minutes then poke the top of the warm cake with the handle of a wooden spoon - about every 1/2 inch. Drizzle a can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the cake. Then drizzle a jar of carmel topping over the top of that and I added 1/2 a jar of fudge topping over that. Cover and chill about 2 hours then spread one 8 oz. container of whipped topping over the top of the cake. I didn't have any toffee chips, but the recipe calls for you to sprinkle those over the top of the cool whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment