Tuesday, March 30, 2010

April Fools!

I love April Fools Day! It is fun to play little jokes on my family.
One year, I put an elastic band around the kitchen sink sprayer so when
one of them turned on the faucet, they would get sprayed with water.
But guess who forgot and turned on the faucet? Yep - I was the fool!

By far my favorite prank was the year I went and rented a
car and told my husband I had bought a new one.
I had been wanting a new car, but my husband kept telling
me the one I had was a great car. So when he came home
with a new snowmobile on March 31st, I was a little steamed!
While he was out riding his snowmobile on April 1st, I went
and found the ugliest car I could from a rental car place.
Then I borrowed one of his Dad's dealer license plates so he would
think his Dad helped me get the car.
When he got home he was speechless! We went to dinner and a movie and I had him going the whole time because he really thought I had gone out and bought the piece of junk for an outrageous amount of money. He was very relieved when he found out it was all a joke. Needless to say,
a few days later, I got a new car!

In honor of my wonderful husband, I am
going to share his sauteed mushroom recipe.

Sauteed Mushrooms
Wash and remove the stems from a pound of mushrooms. Saute in 3T. of butter over medium heat. After about 5 minutes, add 1/2 bottle of near beer. Let them simmer for about 15 minutes and add some onion salt to taste. The key is not to have too much moisture in the pan at one time. Serve with hamburgers, steaks or on top of a baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment